CAUTION: Brainstorming session in progress

Click Ginger to Visit DA's blog for Author Interviews and much more.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bryl R Tyne - Author of Immortal

Please welcome an outstanding author, Bryl R. Tyne.
Yeah. I'm a fan. =)
Oh. Hey! Bryl's giving away prizes. Keep reading to find out what.

IMMORTAL by Bryl R. Tyne

Blurb: Found abandoned as a child and taken in by the Nevsky clan, the man Ivis now feels the call of the water, the sea, but Sefton and his family, one of the most influential vampire bloodlines in Russia, isn't about to let Ivis go. As Ivis's powers grow stronger—powers unknown to him—Sefton's instructed to detain Ivis at all costs to tilt in his clan's favor the balance of power in an endless struggle between the Bogdanov water gods and Nevsky vampires. Sefton's left with a choice: power or love. Which is the greater desire?

Bryl's web site: http://bryltyne.com/


Q) Has a neighbor ever inspired one of your character, and why?

A) Oh yes. I've turned neighbors into villains and main characters many times. Got one old codger right now who I'm using as the villain in my current WIP. His creepiness and wandering eye is playing a huge part.

Q) Briefs or boxers on your men? Why?

A) Though I most often go commando myself, I like a nice pair of boxers. Nothing says "dangly bits" better.

Q) If your soul mate cooked you the ultimate sensual dinner, what would be on the menu?

A) Melt in your mouth pot roast cooked all day in a slow cooker on low with a single bay leaf, creamy mashed potatoes, buttery and with loads of pepper, and cherry pie alamode.

Q) What have you had to sacrifice to become a writer?

A) My family life suffers the most. Other than that, I've given up online gaming. That's about it.

Q) Is being a writer as satisfying as you thought it would be?

A) More so. One never really knows satisfaction fully until accosted on the street by a complete stranger who say, "I'm sorry, but I just have to tell you... I love your writing. I love your books. I have every one of them! (followed by a squeal)"

Q) Do you implant subplots in your stories very often – a personal dilemma the hero or heroine has to overcome as well as the primary obstacle?

A) Since most of my "dilemma" is caused by the characters' personal problems, I'll say yes. Sometimes, I wonder if I don't take subplots and make them into entire stories.

CONTEST: Leave a comment to win a Bryl R. Tyne Swag-pack! One lucky commenter will win a signed copy of Bryl's novella, TREY #3, so be sure to leave your contact emails!

Continue the tour by clicking the Noble Tour button

16 comments:

  1. Bryl I know I've said it before but I love Immortal and can't wait to read about Sefton and Ivis. Love the names too. Thanks for sharing in the interview.I'm loving the tour. :)
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immortal sounds great!

    amysmith98(@)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Carol and Amy.
    Thank you very much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview; it was a great read. I look forward in reading Immortal and more of your works.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you again, Tracey.
    Thank you for for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting names for your characters Bryl, how do you come up with them?

    drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the question, Kathryn.
    Hopefully Bryl will get a chance to drop in very soon. He's swamped with work today, but I know he intends on checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Your books look yummy! ;) I love your covers. There so bright and there eyecatching. Thanks for sharing with us!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm late to my own party... figures. Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments.

    @Kathryn Names... I get them from a number of places. Sometimes they are cool names from people I've met or know. One example is a story I'm planning right now and the MC will be named after a bellhop I had in New Orleans while at GayRomLit. He asked me to put him in my next book, so by gods, that's what I'm doing! Sometimes I search those baby names sites for name meanings if I'm wanting to capture a different culture. Sometimes I just pull them out of the air. Quick and simple. Depends on what I'm working on, I think. (Great question, btw) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And David... Thanks for having me here today, and double thanks for entertaining until I finally showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Shadow, thanks for visiting with us.

    Bryl, I'm elated to finally have you on my blog.
    Now I have to figure out how to keep you here.
    Oh. Wait. There's rope in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great questions and answers. Wonder if your neighbors ever recognized themselves in your books if they read them?

    Gabrielle
    meingee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Gabrielle hehe. No. My neighbors most likely have never read one of my books, and if they did, I doubt anyone would recognize themselves because I only borrow certain "traits."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you should've went for that rope sooner, D!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy S. You happened to be picked to win a signed copy of TREY #3! Congrats! Look for an email from me tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete