CAUTION: Brainstorming session in progress

Click Ginger to Visit DA's blog for Author Interviews and much more.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jess Anastasi - Author of "Savior"

I'd like to welcome Jess Anastasi, author of "Savior," part of the Noble Romance Publishing Timeless Desire Line.
Be sure to leave a comment for Jess, and then click the tour logo to go to your next stop on the tour.

And thank you for stopping by. I truly appreciate it. – KevaD


BIO
Jess Anastasi has been making up stories ever since she can remember. Though her messy handwriting made it hard for anyone else to read them, she wasn't deterred and now she gets to make up stories for a living. She loves loud music, dumb movies, and a good book on a rainy day. Jess lives in regional Victoria, Australia with her very supportive husband, two kids, one spoiled border collie, and one seriously crazy cat.

Q) What inspired you to write professionally?

A) It was a slow process for me. I'd always been one for writing random bits of stories, keeping journals and coming up with what I suppose you could call 'scenes' in my head. But it wasn't until the year after I left high school when I decided to see if I could write a full length manuscript - writing 90,000 or so words is no small thing when you've never done it before. Well, apparently that worked out so then I went and studied a Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing. Over this time I was also working a day job. Its hard to explain, but seeing myself as a professional author was a slow evolution. It wasn't until I'd been writing for about 7 years and had 2 kids that I at last decided if I was ever going to get anywhere in this business, I had to get serious about it.

Q) Briefs or boxers on your men? Why?

A) Personally I'm partial to boxers, but when we're talking about my male characters, they wear what suits their personality - so it could be anything. Some have been known to go commando…


Q) When you write, are you a character in your stories, or are you on the sidelines watching the story as it unfolds?

A) This is an interesting question. Most of the time for me its like watching a movie. But often during an intensely emotional scene, I'll kind of get sucked into the character to be seeing and feeling things through them, if that makes sense. I like it when that happens because then the writing that comes out as a result tends to be more in-depth.


Q) Is being a writer as satisfying as you thought it would be?

A) Yes and no. It is satisfying to create something others get enjoyment out of. Finishing a book and then seeing that book out there in the world is about the best feeling you can imagine. Getting positive feedback from readers and reviewers is great as well. But, like with any job, there are the not-so-fun things. Like when you have to do three or four rounds of revisions before you get the book right. Or things like updating my website, which I really don't like doing. Or getting stuck on a scene or with a character that's not working and you can't figure out what to do with it. Then there's the long hours you work which you don't really get paid for. Sure, I get royalties, but unless you're JK Rowling, the amount of money you make never really covers the hours of work you've put in. No matter how glamorous it might seem to the outside world, being an author takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Q) What's next for you? Are you considering new characters in a new setting?

A) I've got a couple of new ideas in the works. One book I'm working on is the fourth book in the Sanctuary series, titled Sinner. However, I'm also over half way through another sci-fi/alternate planet type romance and have been considering an idea I had for a straight paranormal romance. 

Q) Which do you prefer to read – e-book or hard cover?

A) Though I caved a few months back and bought an e-reader, I still prefer hard cover books. Plus, some of the authors I read, not all of their books are available in e-book format. I think I'll probably always prefer the old fashioned paper book.


BLURB:
Cadmiel, the Angel of Destiny, knows better than anyone what a bitch fate can be. Five hundred years ago, the only woman he ever loved was killed, shredding his soul and leaving a void in place of his heart. Now Archangel Michael comes to him with a shocking and forbidden proposal. He wants Cadmiel to travel back in time and save Emilyn. Though Cadmiel wishes beyond all reasoning to do as the archangel asks, messing with time goes against his own beliefs and the very foundations of angel lore. But Michael doesn't give Cadmiel a choice and thrusts him through time and space, back to 2012.
The first time Emilyn saw the gorgeous man, she was affected on a level she couldn't comprehend. Cadmiel isn't like any other guy she's ever met, and he makes her wish love at first sight were true. But there are forces at work she never dreamed real. In the space of a day, she goes from normal, every-day college student, to a pawn in an apocalyptic war between angels and demons.
Emilyn's very life is in Cadmiel's hands. Will he risk the future of the entire universe to save her, or let her die and destroy himself in the process?

websites:

My books:

At Amazon:

Excerpt link:


Thanks for letting me visit, it's been great. Everyone, don't forget to leave a comment to go in the draw to win some fab prizes!

14 comments:

  1. This is a great blog hop. I've found so many new Authors and books to read. Now I just need a part time job to pay for them,, lol lol
    I love reading about Angels and definitely have to read about yours Jess. Looking forward to it.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Carol.
    Nice to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post. Savior sounds great, it's on my TBR list! cheryllynne(at)rocketmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Cheralyn.
    Thank you very much for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blurb was great! Great interview!

    amysmith98(@)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Carol, I definately need another job to support my ever expanding books to buy list. Unfortunately, that would leave me with less time to read, so it will cause a similar problem in my TBR pile.

    drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Amy and Kathryn.
    Welcome once again to the show that never ends.
    Nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the interview; it was a great read.

    I've added Savior to my must have list.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Tracey. So glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi KevaD, thanks for having me here and thank you to everyone who stopped my and left a comment. Great to see you all following so closely and entering the draw for the prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Nothing like the smell and feel of a real book. I love the ease of having my ereader but I still love my books.

    Gabrielle
    meingee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Gabrielle.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    And, yes, my bookshelves have books, not e-readers filling the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice interview! I have to say, i adore my ereader. I still love my paperback/hard cover books, but the ereader makes it so much easier to switch from one book to another with no hassles. Your books sounds so good! Thanks!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Shadow.
    Welcome back. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete